Welcome to 1977!
It’s Sex, Drugs and Rock & Roll… Just Not In That Order
“1977″ is the story of Bud, Jeff, Lorraine and Robyn, four friends trying to become rock ‘n’ roll stars in the late 70s, but somehow always missing their target. Together they find the road to fame and fortune littered with it’s fair share of obstacles for their band called “Plan 9″. From sexist bar owners, to dealing with their own families, the 1977 gang faces every day challenges in their never-ending quest for a Gold record!
Depending on part-time day jobs to help pay the bills, our quartet strides calmly day-to-day hoping that this weekend’s gig will finally bring them the big break they’ve been hoping for. If not, there’s always something good on TV. Join in on the foursome’s comic exploits as it takes them on a grand tour of Chicagoland’s greasy bars, noisy high school gyms and occasional wedding. They’ll become the next greatest thing if they can only stop watching TV…
I suggest you start reading the comic from the January 2nd, 2009 comic where Bud (now age 50) begins to tell the story of 1977 to his only daughter. That story culminates in the California Road Trip Story which started on August 2nd, 2009.
- 20 years old.
- From Chicago’s North Side and a Cubs fan.
- Youngest child of 4 and the only son.
- He has worked many jobs but loves music.
- Owns a 1969 Chevy Caprice.
- Thought until 2nd grade that he was going to grow up a girl like his sisters.
- Drinks Huber beer.
- Enjoys building electronic devices like amps and stereos.
- Has a brother-in-law who supplies Bud with his pot.
Secret: Idolizes the Lone Ranger.
Jeff (Jeffrey) Bergstrom:
- 20 years old.
- Only child and life-long resident of Lombard, Illinois.
- Parents became rich after inventing the “Bi-Cotton Rod,” a generic Q-Tip, and moved to San Diego leaving Jeff a house to live in.
- Typical stoner, Jeff has little motivation but living with Bud may change that.
- Picked up first guitar at a Lafayette Electronics store.
- Is a walking calculator.
- Loves animals of any type and has a cool collection of rare and exotic pets in his basement.
Secret: Loves Saturday morning cartoons.
“Troubles” Lorraine della Fazia:
- Hot blooded Italian.
- 24 years old.
- From Iowa, but was adopted and she’s in the process of finding her real Mother.
- Left home at 18 with boyfriend Brad who gave her the nick-name “Troubles” as trouble seems to follow her. After Brad dumped her in Boston, Lorraine hitched a ride on the next semi-truck leaving town and ended up in Chicago.
- Met Robyn at an open mic night at the Ground Round. Now they are roommates in the same sub-division as Bud and Jeff.
Secret: Wants to own an AMC Gremlin with “hockey-stick” decals.
- Hot-tempered Irish girl.
- 24 years old like Lorraine.
- Is really good at working on cars and engines thanks to her older brothers.
- Plays the drums like she’s beating on former boyfriend’s heads.
- From Chicago’s South side. A die-hard White Sox fan.
- Contrary to Bud, she has six older brothers.
- Grew up playing “Army” and football, not with Barbie dolls.
- Tries her best to keep everyone on the same track.